MYKOR is a joint initiative of MIGHT and KIAT to establish a gateway for the industries to promote technology transfer and commercialisation for both countries. MYKOR is a bi-directional channel that allows industries and research institutions to prospect and trade Inteelectual Property (IP) and technologies at regional level.
- To promote and establish strategic alliances and cooperation for mutual benefits in the areas of promotion of technology transfer, commercialization and investment.
- To provide a technology marketplace to encourage and maximize the commercial use of technology for industrial applications.
To seek and match strategic partners locally and globally.
- Technology acquisition. Identify and facilitate in technology transfer and the negotiation process.
- Technology transfer and promotion. Conduct events and seminars to promote IP and technologies which will benefit both parties. MYKOR assists companies to source for required IP and technologies.
- Business partnering. MYKOR, in collaboration with other ministries, will regularly conduct technology business partnering event s in Malaysia and Korea to promote mutual collaboration among companies from the two countries.
- Capacity building. MYKOR will facilitate the exchange of knowledge, skills and know-how among the two countries in the area of technology management, technology valuation, IP management and commercialization.
- Technology Outreach Program. MYKOR will assist in arranging technology prospecting program and collaborative program between centre of excellence, university and industries.